Coaching Call #227 – How Can She Set Boundaries In Her Relationships?Buy
This caller’s relationship recently ended because her ex didn’t support her when she disciplined his children. The children rebelled against her and as a consequence they split up. Unfortunately for her, not only did his children turn against her but other members of his family also turned against her.
This call is all about setting boundaries and honoring yourself. We explore why children need and welcome guidelines from adults and who the right person is to set those guidelines. I also explain why people throw tantrums and fight against us when we finally set a boundary with them, and what you can do to make sure that the boundary gets honored.
If you are struggling with honoring yourself and you want to know how to set boundaries, both for yourself and with other people, this call is for you.
Topics covered on this call
- This caller has just come out of a bad relationship.
- There were children involved and he left her to discipline his children which made them turn against her.
- Why did his children fight her?
- What could she have done to get her ex partner’s support with his children?
- Who’s responsible to set boundaries when someone new comes into an existing family?
- How can the new person in the relationship set their own boundaries?
- Are we responsible for how somebody else feels?
- Why do children need rules and guidelines from the right person?
- Why do we find it difficult to set boundaries with the people we love?
- Why do some people behave in a nasty way towards other people?
- How can she start to honor herself more?
- Why do people throw tantrums when you set boundaries with them?
- Should we set boundaries with family members who disrespect us?