Coaching Call #074 – He Wants To Become A Famous MusicianBuy
This musician dreams of making it big, if only he could overcome his fears of what others think. This is a great call for all artists and performers who want to step on stage with more confidence, but also for all those who have a tendency to give way too much credit to other people’s opinions.
Topics covered on this call
- He’s been studying music all his life, and is pursuing music as a career
- He’s filling much of his time with non-musical activities, in order to make money
- He feels that he’s being held back because he’s too “polite”
- How the words we choose can hold us back
- A different way of looking at other people’s opinions
- Why feedback of any kind is largely irrelevant
- Explaining what a negative audience reaction really means (and how to feel way better about it)
- The concept of the back story – how to no longer feel like you’re not good enough
- What to focus on during EVERY performance, no matter where or whom you’re playing to, to make every performance awesome
- The right way to evaluate the quality of your music (the only thing that matters)
- Why your audience is not responsible for how you feel during and about a performance
- What about the other musicians? Isn’t he dependent on the quality of their performance?
- He tends to get caught up in a huge amount of negative momentum. How can he break out of it?
- How most people misinterpret their resistance and stop themselves from shifting
- How to not be discouraged by the discomfort of stepping out of your comfort zone
- Getting over his fear of judgment and criticism, especially from people he greatly respects
- Why your family may be negative about your chances of making it in music
- Why talking to truly successful people is so inspiring and uplifting
- Can you respect someone and still disagree with them?
- What to respect people for and what you should NOT lend your respect to
- The difference between not respecting someone and DISrespecting them
- What to do when you have loads of ideas hit you at once. Which one do you choose?
- Is it possible to miss opportunities?
- How can he attract his perfect audience?