This caller allows other people to take advantage of her because she’s unable to set boundaries with them. She’s currently going through a custody battle with her ex-husband, and is struggling to remain strong about the decisions she’s made. He’s threatening her with action that scares her, and she’s wondering if she should just give in to him and let him have what he wants, even though that thought feels awful.
What can we do when we think someone else has the upper hand and we think there’s nothing we can do, except give in? Do we really have to shut up and put up?
If you’re someone who doesn’t know how to remain strong when setting boundaries and you allow other people to take advantage of you, this call is for you.
Topics covered on this call
- She has issues around trust and she’s manifested many situations where people take advantage of her
- How does the fear of being taken advantage of manifest into our reality?
- She sets boundaries but then gets scared when other people react negatively
- What happens when we’ve set a boundary but then we don’t honor it?
- What’s the difference between setting a boundary and trying to control someone?
- Why do some people react negatively to us when we start setting boundaries with them?
- How can you get someone to accept the boundaries you’ve set?
- She struggles with setting a boundary with her ex-husband regarding the children
- What can she do when she feels he’s taking advantage of her?
- How can she stop feeling she’s responsible for the actions he takes?
- How can we avoid animosity from other people when setting rules with them?
- When we take action who is responsible for any consequences attached to it?
- How can we stop feeling guilty when we say no to someone?