Some people call it channeling. When you hear that word, you might imagine a person draped in scarves, sitting in a dimly lit room, going into a trance and then beginning to speak in a deep, mysterious voice. You might think it’s bogus, or you might think it’s miraculous. I don’t think it’s either. I believe that what many call channeling, which usually means going into trance, is simply one of many ways to tune into and access the pool of Universal Knowledge. This is just like tuning into any other frequency. We all have the ability to access this information, and in fact, do so every day without even realizing it. But you can learn to deliberately tap into Universal Knowledge whenever you choose to.
What exactly is this Universal Knowledge? In order to answer that, I’ll have to give you a bit of an explanation on the nature of reality. If you’ve spent any time on this site, you’ll know that everything is energy – even you. Everything is energy, vibrating at different frequencies, and the frequencies that you focus on, that you pay attention to the most, are drawn to you, creating your reality. This is the reality you’re aware of. But it’s not the only one.
Every time you make a choice in life, even the tiniest one, you line up with the reality that choice led to. You need some batteries. You have a decision to go to store A or store B. You choose to go to store A, and your day goes on. But what would’ve happened if you’d gone to store B? It seems like a tiny choice, but it would’ve been different, and would’ve led to slightly different choices for the rest of the day, month, year and so on. Over time, these slightly different choices would’ve made a significant difference in your life. And we’re just talking about one choice!
The truth is that there is a version of you in a different reality that went to store B. Every choice that you could’ve ever made and could ever make has been and is being played out. There are an infinite number of realities that you can line up with, and every time you make a decision, every time you choose to line up with a certain vibration, you are lining up with the corresponding reality. To you, it seems like there’s only one reality, however, because you’re only aware of the paths you took, not the ones you didn’t take. But those other paths were taken, by different versions of you.
Every possibility of every choice that anyone in the Universe could’ve made has been and is being played out. And all of that data is part of the collective consciousness. Since we are all connected, since we are all part of the same energy, we all have access to this huge database of experiences. Universal Knowledge is this database, and we can each tap into it any time we like. But we don’t have to go into a trance to do it.
People who channel in a trance have found a way to translate the energy they are tapping into by almost completely removing their own consciousness. While their physical brains still transform the frequencies into words, they themselves are often completely unaware of the process. I would imagine that as methods go, this one would be the scariest and most difficult to learn. Giving up control over your body would bring up all kinds of resistance, and you’d need at least one other person to ask questions and Take Down the answers. But this is simply one way to translate energy. There are many more.
First, let’s remember that translating energy is something we do all day, every day. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t be able to see, hear, taste, touch or smell. And those are just our 5 senses. We’re also constantly interpreting energy from other people and places, whether we’re aware of it, or not. Have you ever just had a good or bad feeling about someone or something? That was you, interpreting energy.
Universal Knowledge is simply a collection of frequencies, just like any other, that you can learn to access. You can ask questions and you can absolutely receive answers. How you receive those answers will depend very much on how you, specifically, translate energy. Some people receive words or images, some get sounds, some get hunches. You might turn on the radio at just the right moment and hear your answer, or pick up just the right book which gives you the information you’re looking for. You don’t have to get to the point where you can have a steady conversation with Universal Intelligence (you can if you want to, it just takes a great deal of practice), but it’s quite easy to learn to access this great pool of knowledge to get simple answers. Just like with everything else, the more you practice, the better you’ll get at it.
So, how can you learn to tap into Universal Knowledge? Follow these guidelines to get started:
- Meditate. Get into a meditative state. This will not only raise your vibration, getting you closer to the frequencies you’re looking to connect with, but it will also quiet your mind, which is what gets in the way. The stream of Universal Knowledge is always open, you can’t stop it from flowing. But you can stop yourself from accessing it. Limiting beliefs, fears, and heightened emotional states can all “pinch off” the flow.
- Ask a question. Ask any way you like – out loud, in your head, it doesn’t matter. Just focus on exactly what it is you want to know.
- Listen for the answer. Pay attention to what you receive, any signs or coincidences that might show up. You may get words, you may get just get a strong feeling. You may find the answer in a book, or overhear a conversation, turn on the radio at just the right moment or have a telling dream, etc. The answer will most likely not come to you right away. Asking a question and receiving an answer are different skills, so you basically have to learn to switch between transmitting a question and receiving the answer. So relax and go do something else. The answer will find you.
- Keep a journal of your questions and any answers you get. Especially in the beginning, you might have a hard time trusting the information that comes through. You’ll think it’s just your own voice in your head, or a coincidence. Keeping track of your results will help you to spot patterns and to fine tune your interpretation of the results (see below).
- Pay attention to how it feels when you’re receiving an answer. Do you resonate with the information? Did you have a reaction to it? Does it feel “true” to you? Over time, you’ll come to recognize the answers you receive much more quickly. You’ll learn to trust your intuition.
- One of the best ways to start is to simply ask the Universe (or the Universal Database) to show you that you are loved. Send love out to the Universe and see what comes back.
Here are a few more guidelines for asking and interpreting the information you receive:
- Although you’ll very likely ask about your future, keep in mind that the information you’re receiving is an indication of the vibration you’re currently offering. If, for example, you want to know if you’re going to get a promotion, you are really asking if you are currently lined up with getting that promotion, or if that promotion is in line with what you’re vibrating. The Universe cannot tell you that you’ll definitely get it, since you still have free choice and can choose to quit your job tomorrow, rendering any “prediction” meaningless.
- Don’t ask for specific dates and times. Again, you’re looking at what you’re lined up with, and the slightest change in your energy (which you control) would change any timeline. It’s better to ask if your vibration on something is strong (meaning it’s close).
- Don’t ask “Should I?” questions. The Universe will not take away your choices. You will not be told what to do. Get clear on the outcome you really want and then ask which choice will get you closer to that goal. For example, you might be deciding between taking job A or job B. You can’t decide and you want to ask which job you should take. Your life’s dream, however, is to travel the world someday. If you’re clear on that, the choice may be an easy one. If not, you can ask which job will line you up with your dream. Also keep in mind that sometimes (a lot more often that you think, actually), the choices you agonize over don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. It’s your vibrational choices you make that line you up with your reality, not the actual, physical choices you make. If you’re strongly lined up with one choice, it’ll feel right to you. If neither choice feels right, then you aren’t lined up with either. So, the choices either have no bearing on what you really want, or you haven’t yet decided what you really want.
- Keep in mind that you are interpreting the results of what you get through your own filters. If you have strong beliefs about something, it can color the information you get. Emotions can influence it, as well. Start with things where the outcome doesn’t matter to you. You might censor the information in hopes of getting a certain answer. Wanting the answer to be something will pinch off the flow. The less you care about the outcome, the clearer the answers will be. This is also why mediums, shamans and other energy workers often won’t work with their own loved ones. They have a hard time separating their emotions and “getting out of the way”.
- What you are getting is energy translated through YOUR filters, so it is YOUR truth. It’s natural to get really excited about new insights that you KNOW are right, and want to save the world by “teaching” them to everyone you meet. You must be careful not to assume that your truth will work for everybody. Think about the fact that most world religions, at their core, basically say the same thing. But how much conflict has occurred because people disagreed on the exact version of that truth? If someone doesn’t agree with you, that doesn’t invalidate your truth, and it doesn’t make them an idiot. It simply means they’re taking another path to get to the same place, and that’s perfectly ok.
Tapping into Universal Knowledge deliberately and consciously does take some practice. But once again, you are simply remembering how to do something you already know how to do. You don’t have to go into a trance and you don’t have to bring forth whole books of information. Start small and learn to interpret your results. Practice getting out of the way (not skewing the information you’re getting deliberately or otherwise), keep track of the information you get and learn to trust the answers you receive. Accessing the Universal Database can help to bring you reassurance, clarity on who you are, and open your eyes to possibilities you never dreamed of. If you feel like this is something you should do, give it a try. It’s easier than you think.
If you’d like to comment on this article, you can do so on the BLOG.